Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I blame it on the kitchen.


When Lacey got me up at 5:30 one morning last weekend, I decided to just stay up and make dough from scratch for cinnamon rolls. A few hours later we had these, plus some cream cheese icing to melt on top. Oh so good. I've been meaning to make homemade cinnamon rolls for, I don't know, forever? And the kitchen in my new home has finally inspired me to actually do it. I've been going through my recipe books, making new dinners--more spices, more veggies, more variety. Mostly extremely healthy, with the notable exception of these golden beauties. I think it's been good for our family's transition in general to have a lot of homemade goodness. I know it's been good for me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is very creative, when people read this it widens our imaginations.

Anonymous said...

I could give my own opinion with your topic that is not boring for me.

Anonymous said...

I have the original cinnabon recipe if you ever want it! I wish I could come over and sit down in your new kitchen and share a cup of tea and one of those wonderful-looking sticky buns. Please send pics when you have a chance! I am thrilled that you are adjusting. I bet you'd make a great impression on a next door neighbor if you toted one or two of those over to them. WOW! You'll have instant friends. :-)