Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Required Reading


Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.
Friend, READ THIS. Such a good book. Michael Pollan is a terrific, compelling writer (as you might expect a journalism professor at Berkeley to be), and his subject matter is fascinating.
Most people I know have been avoiding hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup, etc, for some time now. I predict that this book will recommit you to such avoidances through a thorough and sometimes shocking history of how industry, government, and marketing have created the supermarket mess that we navigate through today.
I hear that Pollan's previous book, The Omnivore's Dillemna, is even better. Have you read that? I plan to, soon.
Many, many thanks to Sharlene Gin, who first said to me that I MUST read this book. I loved it, Sharlene!

No comments: