Friday, November 2, 2007

Speaking of Pumpkins




Here are the pumpkins that my two children, Jacob and Leah, carved. Jacob, the 2nd grader, used a pattern and spent a huge amount of time on his creation. Leah, the Kindergartener, did hers free-hand, and pretty fast. I think both pumpkins are gorgeous, and interestingly reflective of their creators.
Justin and I carved our own pumpkins, too. While driving around town and admiring pumpkins on doorsteps the last couple of days, it occurred to me that carving pumpkins is one of the last places you see adults being artistic in public. It's lovely--it's my favorite part of Halloween. It reminds me of a Kindermusik class, one of the few public places adults get to sing and dance. Yahoo!

2 comments:

Heidi Day said...

I think those are so cute!! Have you ever baked a pumpkin pie truly from scratch by cooking a pumpkin and scraping out the meat? It is so good!

Lisa Ayala said...

Great pumpkins!! Convention was so great hope to see you there next year again!