Sunday, August 17, 2008

Library book love

I just started reading a new library book called The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop, by Lewis Buzbee. It is an absolutely gorgeous book--compact size, rough cut pages, excellent typeset. Lovingly designed. Well, I just couldn't stand to read a book that had attended to its own aesthetics so well with that slippery, crunchy library plastic over it. So, very very very carefully, I slipped it out. Ahhh. I promise to tape it back extremely carefully and return it just so.

Speaking of my library, I have to give a shout out to the Greene County Public Library system. My closest branch happens to be the biggest branch, and it's a very good place. My only complaint is that the children's section is exclusively fiction--all the children's non-fiction is interspursed with the grown-up titles in the main library. This doesn't work so well for that dreamy, serendipitous brousing that a non-fiction loving kid, like Jacob, enjoyed so much at our little branch library in north Arlington. Well, as in many things, we will adjust.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like going to the library a lot!
It is a good place to learn.

Anonymous said...

Books are always a favorite for many.
Many prefer than over online reading.