Friday, January 25, 2008

And Lois Lenske illustrations, to boot


I've already posted about this book, but here I am again. Betsy-Tacy, by Maud Hart Lovelace, first published in 1940. Right now, this is my heart's own book. I find myself reading it very slowly to Leah, because I just don't want it to end, and she seems to feel exactly the same way. I'm trying to figure out how it could have been possible that I missed this series when I was little. How could that be? Where was the grown-up who should have thrust this into my hands, saying, you MUST read this. Well, I'm reading it now, and the long-ago little girl within me seems to be reading it too, along with my daughter and my all-grown-up self. We're having a lovely time.

2 comments:

Heidi Day said...

I'm going to get this, thanks for posting twice about it.

You should write a book. You have the cutest way of saying things.

Admirer in Texas

elena said...

hello, I am writing about Lois Lenski today on my blog, and just found your posting...such a nice site!