Monday, March 31, 2008

Dog.


We are going to get a dog when we get to Ohio.


She will be a she. She will be a red, smooth, mini dachshund.


She is hard to find. I've been looking at breeders on line, learning about the difference between good breeders and bad, and there aren't that many who look reputable, are in Ohio, and do smooth coats. Longhairs are much easier to find, and while they're adorable, the dachshund Justin and I used to have was a smooth red, we adored her, and we want another pretty much just like her.


Minus her horrid social skills. Which is why I'm working hard this time to find the right breeder, who breeds for temperament and then makes sure the dog has a lot of socializing in its first weeks eight weeks of life before we take her home.


I'm also not working full time this time around, so our dog will rarely be alone, especially when she's new and we're training her.


I loves me some dachshund. I mean, look at this photo! It kills me! I'll have to go back through my photo albums (pre digital photos), find a good shot of Schultzy, and post it here. She was beautiful.

No comments: