Saturday, May 31, 2008

The photo doesn't do her justice.



I'm a little worried about boring readers of this blog with too many puppy photos and too much talk about puppies....but not so worried not to post this photo. I mean. Seriously. Cute. Dog.

We met Lacey yesterday, and there is simply nothing like holding a puppy. Your own puppy. Here she is in Leah's arms, where I predict she'll spend a lot of her time in the not too distant future.

Lacey lives in a big, old, crazy, wonderful farm house in eastern Ohio, with a pack of other dachshunds who run freely between the kitchen and the sun porch. She was happy and playful and tail-wagging, and didn't seem to mind in the least when we picked her up and soaked in her puppy goodness.

It was hard to go. She's not old enough to leave her mama and littermates yet, and even if she were, we can't bring her back to our rental house. I'll pick her up when I drive to Ohio, and our new life and house there, in early July.

We closed on our house yesterday, then we got a thorough tour. I love it, even more than I thought I would. Now, in the fullness of late May foliage, it looks lush and private in the backyard. It's a pretty great house. It's ours!

We also stopped at my children's new elementary school, a short walk away. I'll wax on about this in another post, but I'll just say that my first impression of this school was wonderful. A good place.

So, Ohio, and the parts of our life there. Falling into place. Feeling true and right. Can't wait.

And, simultaneously, I'm now home in Virginia, doing the soccer game and birthday party circuit this weekend, and it seems unlikely and unwise to leave this scene and these people. Complicated.

1 comment:

Heidi Day said...

Boring? never. So glad to hear an update on your life. Lacey is indeed super cute. VERY cute. Too cute for her own good :-)

Your house sounds super. I can't wait for more pictures and more descriptions.

When we moved here to Texas and as I reflect sometimes on all the people we have known and have grown close to over these 14 years now....and as I think if we'd stayed in Oregon we would've never known them...it's weird to think about. Like, if we moved to another state right now, there'd undoubtedly be folks I would grow to love and depend on and they would be woven into my life. Same will be with you. There are people God already knows that you will love like family, friends you will need and call on, and they will need you too. Life's a river, and we keep moving along.