Sunday, December 16, 2007

Horizontal Christmas tree

Our Christmas tree fell over today. The kids were setting up a train track around the base, and they were doing a great job and being careful, but the tree toppled anyway. Three ornaments were broken, which didn't strike me as too bad, considering how they flew. It was quite a mess. The kids felt terrible, but then we ended up having a good time put it all back to rights.

One year when I was about 10, when we lived in a house with a very tall ceiling (we moved a lot), we decided to fill up as much of that space as we could, and we got a rediculously tall Christmas tree. I mean, it was TALL. Too tall, as it turned out, for our stressed little tree holder, and that tree fell over TWICE that year. Once in the middle of the night, the sound of which I still remember--sounded a lot like it did in my living room this afternoon.

No comments: