Thursday, February 7, 2008

life stories captured in six words.


Could you distill your life story into 6 words? The writers in a new anthology by Smith, an indie lit mag, did. Makes for compelling (and quick) reading. Check it out here. One of my favorite aspects of this project is that "obscure" writers are represented beside known writers. In a former life I was a fiction writer, and the few times I was published, I appreciated that kind of editorial policy. I was also the fiction editor for a while at Sycamore Review, Purdue University Press, and we tried to find both fresh and established voices there, too.


Okay, I can't help but to take a stab. Leave a comment with yours, wouldja?


Moves often but frequently finds stillness.

2 comments:

Heidi Day said...

Seeking, feeling, life-liver and life-lover

(this was my quick attempt!)

Heidi Day said...

Depending on how you count it, it could be 5 words or 7....I wasn't sure how to count those hyphenated words!