Thursday, April 10, 2008

Glockenspiel in a jazz standard! Really!


LOVE it that this singer, Sara Gazarek, uses a GLOCKENSPIEL in her jazz recordings! Play this (click on the "I'm Old Fashioned" audio) for your Kindermusik for the Young Child students, parents! Ah, how inspiring.

LOVE it that Gazarek got her start in a high school jazz ensemble.

LOVE it that she's from Seattle.

LOVE it that this recording was made at KPLU, which is on the campus of Pacific Lutheran University, which is a hop and a jump from where I graduated from high school in Tacoma, and where my friend Megan went to college.

LOVE it that KPLU makes out that it's in Seattle, which is much more hip than admitting that it's in Spanaway, a suburb of Tacoma. Lots of Tacoma people do that when talking to people from other parts of the country, who they don't think are paying close attention. I've been known to do it myself. :)

2 comments:

Heidi Day said...

Like I used to say I'm from Portland, not Hillsboro....it just sounded so much better to say PORTLAND....ha ha

Anonymous said...

actually, it's kind of weird... KPLU used to be on the PLU campus, but now it's taped from downtown seattle... they made the switch about 2 years ago. isn't that strange?