Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Music essentials, essentially


Hey, found a website for you! It calls itself Essentials of Music, and it attempts to organize, classify, and index classical music. It's terrific. It strikes me, looking through it, that it doesn't seem to get the meaning, the emotion of the pieces that are famous and time-tested enough to make their list...but really, that's quibbling. They've done their cataloguing job admirably. It's really handy. They also do some selling on the site, but I'm interested in their info. Take a look.

1 comment:

Heidi Day said...

I just added this to my favorites list. Thanks Launa!

as to your previous post....living in the present gives a whole new meaning to each moment. It holds amazing power to think this way. It's like my nose works better, my eyes see more, my ears hear more....my brain is fully awake. I notice a lot more in front of me.