Tuesday, October 28, 2008

It's not so much the long journey...

...that wears you down, but it's the pebble in your shoe.

I used to have a friend who had this saying framed. Today is definitely a pebble in my shoe kind of day, and thinking of this forlorn little quote seemed to help a little.

What quotes do you think of on rough days? I don't mean so much the "buck up, little camper! Tomorrow will be brighter!" kind of quotes. I mean the kind that quietly sympathize with your state of mind. Quotes that speak to the human condition.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean "life sucks and then you die"? sort of thing, or is that too bleak?:)
Oooo....a first post.
Anon

Anonymous said...

I am a collector of quotes and have quite a few. These are just a quick few that I love......

”Long before God laid down earth’s foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love, to be made whole and holy by His love.”
Ephesians 1:4 (The Message)

There are only two days on my calendar: Today and That Day. Martin Luther

What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?

What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare? W. H. Davis

A brook will lose its song if God removed the rocks.


What a nice blog and a wonderful invitation.

I'm going to miss you in Raleigh.