Thursday, October 2, 2008

Our love affair with Young Child, Semester 3

Leah is three classes into Kindermusik for the Young Child, semester 3. She Loves It So Much. She thinks the dulcimer is vastly superior to the glockenspiel. She comes home from school and plays it a lot, alternating with the piano, on which she makes up tunes. You can tell she's just proud to have a mountain dulcimer, in a way she never did about the glockenspiel. And she (and I) love Miss Kim. It's a bit of a drive over to Centerville for her Monday afternoon class, and worth every mile. I'm SO GLAD she can finish the Kindermusik series, even though we moved. We moved to Alabama just before Jacob's last year of Kindermusik, and he didn't get to finish--I would have had to drive 1 1/2 hours, each way, to Troy University. (Leah could still take her younger class--the Kindermusik program in Montgomery just didn't offer Young Child.) It's a testiment to how much I love Kindermusik that I nearly did that drive. I still kind of wish I did. Kindermusik is worth long drives.

No comments: