Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ubiquitous tension

You may have noticed there is a lot of tension in the air. It's the election, yes. It's the economic woes broadcast 24 hours a day on the news, yes. Locally, we have a school bond going before the citizens of Beavercreek asking them to fund a new junior high school and repairs to the other desperately bad buildings. I've been stumping for this, and everyone I talk to is either for it and tense that it won't pass (this is the third try), or dead set against it and tense that I'm asking them about it. And very locally, my husband's sciatic nerve has flaired up mightily. This has never happened before, so we're finding out exactly how painful a flaired sciatic nerve can be. Answer: very. This makes my sweetie, um, tense. He's in a lot of pain. The painkillers don't seem to be working. The doctors don't seem to know exactly what is causing it. I need to research it myself, find out the homeopathic remedies. I have a funny feeling they will start with turning off the news and getting more sleep.

No comments: