Thursday, September 25, 2008

Something more for your inbox: Writer's Almanac


I know, Garrison Keillor has his critics, but I just love him. I catch Prairie Home Companion when I can. And I absolutely adore The Writer's Almanac. But Miami University (that's of the Miami Valley, here in Ohio, as in the Miami Indian Nation) broadcasts it at an awkward time and I hardly ever hear it. So I subscribe and get a daily e-mail. I believe I like reading it even more than hearing GK read it, because I hear the poem of the day more clearly in the author's voice when I can see the punctuation and line breaks for myself. Though if it's a poem I really like, I might click the audio button and also hear GK's take on it. A poem a day goes such a long way toward beating back the barbarian forces. Whatever those may be in your life. Highly recommended. You can subscribe here. (In the menu on the right, next to a graphic of a hand holding a quill pen, you can click to subscribe.)

No comments: