Saturday, September 27, 2008

The young are wise

Last night my daughter and I were lying on her bed, chatting right before bed time. We do this every night--me on one child's bed and Justin on the other, and then we switch. If I'm going to find out what's really on my children's minds, it's going to be in that 10 minutes before sleep.

Leah asked me, "Are you going to grow any taller?"

"No," I said, "Unfortunately, I'm all grown up and this is as tall as I'm going to get."

"Well, that's okay," she said. "Your spirit will keep growing taller."

She is so wise. And insightful and kind and funny. And this was just when I had a lot of worries, say, 700 billion worries, just as I know you do.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, that's okay," she said. "Your spirit will keep growing taller

Wow. My heart just exploded.

Anonymous said...

I've been surfing on-line greater than three hours today, but I never found any interesting article like yours. It's beautiful price
sufficient for me. In my opinion, if all web owners and bloggers made excellent content as you probably did, the
web will probably be much more useful than ever before.



Here is my blog post: http://test.chao.org.pl/